Expressive programming language? Was: [Gllug] Speaker Suggestion

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 21:26:07 UTC 2004

Tethys wrote:

>Nix writes:
>

>>>Unless you have a geek/mathematician mindset, at which point, Lisp
>>>starts to make sense :-)
>>>

>>ITYM `Haskell'. :)
>>

><Shudder> I think my mindset is pretty firmly in the geek/mathematician
>camp, yet I struggle with Haskell. It's too similar to Miranda, and
>that just brings back too many bad memories from University (Miranda
>was created by one of my lecturers, and it was way more popular within
>the computing dept than was even halfway sane).
>
>Tet

    Hmm must have been to same uni then (UKC) the year after me they
swapped to haskell.
    Oh the other language I rather liked at Uni was Ocaam very nice
language really.
    My Wife works in Fortran 77 and I do quite a bit of Screenwrite (But
not every day).
    Mostly its Qt/C++ and Python making the point that Qt/C++ is not
really C++.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk