[Gllug] 2.6: does it break anything?

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri Jan 9 12:08:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:57:55AM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> I've just been reading http://kniggit.net/wwol26.html to find out
> what's improved in 2.6.  I haven't been following 2.5 so had no idea
> what was going on, beyond the odd vague mention here and elsewhere.
>
> So can people tell me what 2.6 breaks?  What things will need to be
> updated?  So far it appears to me that the only thing that breaks is
> Video4Linux apps.

I believe that LVM-2 is incompatible with LVM-1 and there is no
official upgrade process (yet). So you won't be able to upgrade
any existing LVM partitions on your machine for now. I'm sure this
situation will be resolved in the near future though since its
a major PITA....

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|