[Gllug] Apache module problem

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:45:47 UTC 2004

I am trying to get coldfusion[0] (4.5.1) to work on a test server in the
office and having a few problems.  I have copied the coldfusion
directories from the existing server we have (as we don't have the
installation media).  I have tried numerous versions of apache from
1.3.9 to the latest 1.3.x version to no avail.  Basically, I am
compiling and installing the module with the following commands.  I do
this i n the coldfusion source directory:

apxs -n coldfusion -g

and then this in the resulting 'coldfusion' directory:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -i -a -n 'coldfusion' mod_coldfusion.so

These lines get added to httpd.conf:

LoadModule coldfusion_module  libexec/mod_coldfusion.so
AddModule mod_coldfusion.c

and when I restart or configtest apache I get no errors.  However, I
cannot get coldfusion to interpet a .cfm page.  We have coldfusion
running on our live server and there is nothing else in the config there
that needs to be added (no AddHandlers etc).  When I go to a .cfm page
on the test server, I just get the plain text back to the browser.

Does anyone know what is going on here?  Any pointers?

Thanks
Will.

[0]No, I don't want to, but our website is written in it and it is not
my choice).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk