[Gllug] CD Rom Writing

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 18:13:33 UTC 2004

Chris Bell wrote:

>On Thu 08 Jan, Peter Childs wrote:
>

>>Paul Cupis wrote:

>   I am using LILO with Debian Stable, and /etc/lilo.conf has the line
>
># append=""
>
>commented out just before the list of Linux versions available to be booted.
>I have to change this to
>
>append="hdn=ide-scsi"
>
>including the quotes! Nothing else is required, ide-scsi is loaded
>automatically, I do not tell the kernel to ignore anything.

    Its not as simple as that if you happern to not be using ide for any
of your hard disks... If you have ide loaded as a module this will not
work. The cd-writing howto was of some use.... And eventually thats what
worked ie telling the ide-cd module to ignore the cd as to why it did
not work in the first place I don't know.....
    Most people are not in this position but it does happern.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk