[Gllug] Discussion: Is Enterprise Linux a lock-in

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jan 24 11:40:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Bruce Richardson uttered the following:
> Even strong supporters of the GPL are finding it hard to support some of
> RMS' latest tactics, such as the more restrictive clauses in the GFDL.

That's not because they're `too free', it's because they're not free
enough. RMS admits this, but says his aims are less ambitious than
the people who's prefer more freedom.

(The fact that it's GPL-incompatible is bad enough.)

> I don't want to read too much into a post as short as yours, so I'll
> just ask you what your opinion is of people who use and develop free
> software but don't share RMS' position in full.

They're welcome, as long as they don't expect me to follow them into
freedom-doesn't-matter land. ;}

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk