[Gllug] Production system - Linux 2.4.24, LVM and cciss

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Mon Jan 12 14:38:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 14:35, Rickey Costas wrote:
> That sounds like a nightmare. Why have you got so many versions?

It's just one of those things.  These systems were all here before I was
and, as they're production machines, it's not practical or appropriate
to change them.  Not broken, don't fix.

> Wouldn't having a large number of versions be a nightmare whatever OS
> you were using ?

With sensible package management, no.  I'm actually quite lucky here in
that I've set up cfengine, it does 90% of the work for us.

Regards
--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/