[Gllug] mp3 encoding from Real Player output

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 19:26:10 UTC 2004

On Fri 02 Jan, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 01:03:23PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> > other areas) digital broadcast standard.  It's "Freeview" in the UK,
>
> So I guess this means I need a new aerial then.  This is a non-starter

   I have a Grundig set-top-box which works fine, apart from the occasional
splat, on my existing aerial (same group for London/Crystal Palace), in fact
analogue is getting very bad because there are new steel framed buildings in
the direct path, and traffic multipaths alongside. There are several
stations multiplexed together on each carrier frequency, currently about 62
in total including unused, text only, audio only, part time, and full TV
channels. BBC TV three and four share the same two feeds as CBeebies and
CBBC, but each feed goes to two channels, so they claim to be 4 channels.
Perhaps they plan to separate them later?

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk