[Gllug] Slightly OT : Geeky Bunker LAN Party

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sat Jan 3 11:41:21 UTC 2004

Hi Glugg,

Just a quick shameless plug, and a little news the ticket price for the
g2k4 nuclear bunker LAN/geek party has gone down to 25.00 per person for
the 3 days. after 22nd January tickets will be back to 30.00 per person
and can only be cash on the day.

we will have numerous dedicated servers for games etc, you can also come along
and see how good wireless LAN is inside a faraday cage :-) ( actaully quite
good )

the bunker has 3 floors to explore, in this unique opportunity you can spend 2
nights inside where the primeminister would have directed the armed
forces in the event of a nuclear threat during the cold war. the normal bunker
tour is about 9.50 per person (but is pretty good), while you are at
our event you can wonder around almost as much as you like and take
the audio guided tour while there for free!.

this place really has a wierd feel to it, it really feels like some episode of
the outer limits!

The owner of the the bunker is a fantastic bloke, he will be more than willing
to tell you the conspiricy thoery style history and cold blunt truth about
britan's (former?) plans for us civvis during a nuclear conflict.

if this event sound fun to you then drop me an email off list to
ianort at essex.ac.uk

thanks everyone,

bredroll (Ian Norton)

--