[Gllug] Thunderbird

Xander Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 17:15:11 UTC 2004

Simon Faulkner wrote:

> I am trying to avoid installing Exchange Server for a 10 user network in
> Stoke-on-Trent.
>
> I have installed a RH9.0 server, Postfix is running beautifully.
>
> WebCalander gives them a good shared diary.
>
> Users can IMAP with Thunderbird or SquirrelMail and they love it.
>
> What would list members sugest that I use to replace the shared contacts
> facility of Exchange?
>
> I have tried LDAP with Thunderbird but It will not allow me to list all
> the contacts and I can't seem to get Thunderbird to add new contacts (or
> see the existing ones sometimes!)

I found a lot of resistance to Thunderbird due to its inability to
support url links in emails.  It is this reason that I really cannot use
it either.

Firebird suffers similarly with mailto: links.

I can show entries in our openldap address book with an *, but not just
browsing - I have to query.  Evolution will show up to the query limit
by default.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk