[Gllug] linux on libretto L5 and escrow.com

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Wed Jan 14 15:55:52 UTC 2004

Rickey Costas wrote:

> Also, I've been trying to purchase a Libretto L5 from a korean seller.
> I'm trying to use escrow.com because of the possible pain of this.
> However, escrow.com want a photocopy of _both_ side of my credit card.
> Anyone else think this sounds slightly dodgy ?

I don't.  They are wanting you to prove that you have the card in hand.
If you'd like to check them out, ask them for their MasterCard/visa
merchant account number so you can call your card issuer and ask them to
check for escrow.com's status.

> Are there any recommendations for other escrow companies that people
> have used ?

Sorry, never used one.  I recall Ebay or Paypal having links for this
purpose.

Alan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk