[Gllug] Fw: Customising a SuSE 9.0 Install Tree

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Tue Jan 20 14:29:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:02:21 +0000 (GMT)
Roger Whittaker <roger at suse.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Huw Lynes wrote:
>
> > Considering the number of SuSE.uk people that hang out on this list I was
> > hoping someone would be able to answer these (possibly trivial) questions.
>
> You need to do something like this:
> /usr/bin/create_package_descr -d /path_to/install_dir/suse/ -l english
>
> This script is part of the autoyast2-utils package.
>
> This creates the setup directory with a subdirectory descr containing
> the files:
> packages
> packages.DU
> packages.en
>
> You need to copy these to the appropriate place on the NFS server.

Thanks Roger,

I should be able to play with this tomorrow.
I am looking forward so much to using something other than RedHat 7.2 on the
workstations.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk