[Gllug] Thunderbird

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 10:11:52 UTC 2004

Simon Faulkner wrote:

>> I found a lot of resistance to Thunderbird due to its inability to
>> support url links in emails.  It is this reason that I really cannot
>> use it either.
>

> I'm on 0.4 and it seems to do this?

So am I and mine does not.  I cannot find any configuration options for
this either.

>> I can show entries in our openldap address book with an *, but not
>> just browsing - I have to query.
>

> Doh!
>
> It's so easy when you know how :-)
>
> Now, can I get to add entries from Thunderbird?

Ahh , now there is another hiccough.  There is no standard to update
LDAP from a client as I understand; however there is a working party
heading towards this.

On the other side there are a lot of graphical ldap browsers that will
allow updates.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk