[Gllug] Thunderbird

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Wed Jan 7 17:38:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:57:49 +0000
Simon Faulkner <simon at titanic.co.uk> wrote:

> > I found a lot of resistance to Thunderbird due to its inability to
> > support url links in emails.  It is this reason that I really cannot use
> > it either.
>
> I'm on 0.4 and it seems to do this?
>
> > I can show entries in our openldap address book with an *, but not just
> > browsing - I have to query.
>
> Doh!
>
> It's so easy when you know how :-)

The automatic browsing that everyone is familiar with from Outlook is
supported by an Exchange extension to LDAP. OpenLDAP does not support it.
Although IIRC the extension is fairly well documented no-one seems to have yet
implemented it for OpenLDAP.

after some digging I have a url
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=outlook&file=858

the issue doesn't seem to be as clear-cut as I remember.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk