[Gllug] mm system

Michael Jenson mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 14:55:25 UTC 2004

anything wrong with Linux OpenMediaBox
http://freshmeat.net/projects/lomb/
Or do you want to use it as Workstation toooooo.
#####################################
I'm planning to build a home theatre PC. I have a pretty good idea about most
of the hardware and I have decided to go for a 2.6GHz P4 processor. I am
however very confused when it comes to the choice of motherboard. PCPlus
recently had a review but I have not been able to find any Linux info about
the best performing boards in the test. But maybe I don't need a
high-performing board at all?

The Linux HTPC Howto gives some advice, but not very detailed.

Does anybody have strong opinions regarding motherboards in particular for a
HTPC? Has anybody just been through the process and want to share experience?

Anders Odgaard

##
your experience appreciated especially if TV out is good and I can
disregard the law of watching DVDs with CSS, Copy protection.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk