[Gllug] Re: group mailing list provider

Michael Jenson mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 14:24:17 UTC 2004

OpenProject comes to mind though to big for your need.
See at:   http://sourceforge.net   or
          http://freshmeat.net     and

see if mailman can work with your ISP in your webspace.

SOMEONE might correct me here it might not 8(
RE:
> Hi
> I am looking for a mailing list / group provider for a choir.   Requirements
>   - people can change there email address via a web page
>     (I find non techy people don't like sending commands to list servers)
>   - Don't want to run it on my machine (ie works when machine is off, ADSL
> down etc)
>   - reply-to: must not be setup
>   - archive of postings viewable by list members
>   - easy for the administrator to add/remove members
>
> Nice to have
>   - calendar
>   - ability to uplaod and display photos and other files
>   - being able to run more than one list, people can opt in/out of each list
> from a single web site.
>   - able to view a membership list (name, voice, postal district,email if
> people are happy with that)
>
> One option is Yahoo, but various things put moe off about that.

And please Yahoogroups is not a solution..............option? not sure.
mj

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk