Backup Software, was: [Re: [Gllug] Production system...]

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Mon Jan 12 11:23:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 01:10:09PM +0200, Dale Gallagher wrote:

> For now, I'll run incremental daily data backups and bring one of the
> disks off-site once a week and backup this backup to IDE-disk at the
> office. As the user-base increases to a point where this is no longer
> possible, realistically viable, or I have the budget, I'll upgrade to a
> tape backup solution.  I'll be backing up system files to CD once a
> week (the box will have a DVD/CD-RW drive), or after significant changes
> to the system, whichever occurs first.

While we're on the subject of backups, what are people using for
Linux backup software these days? I've traditionally recommended &
used AMANDA, but configuring/maintaining it can be rather a black
art, particularly for Linux novices. So I'm considering switching
over to Bucula: http://www.bacula.org/

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|