Backup Software, was: [Re: [Gllug] Production system...]

Xander Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 11:29:46 UTC 2004

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>While we're on the subject of backups, what are people using for
>Linux backup software these days? I've traditionally recommended &
>used AMANDA, but configuring/maintaining it can be rather a black
>art, particularly for Linux novices. So I'm considering switching
>over to Bucula: http://www.bacula.org/

Not so much of a black art, I think for novices it is much easier.  Just
a couple of emails telling them what tape to put in and web front-ends
are quite easy to set up, which allows you to limit the huge amount of
information available.

I have a five step howto for my brother and run AMANDA and a number of
locations :-)

http://www.harkness.co.uk/services/backup.html

Kind regards
Xander