[OT] Re: [Gllug] Surprised...

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Wed Jan 28 09:33:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:18:22AM +0000, ben f wrote:
>  --- Pete Ryland <pdr at accucard.com> wrote: > On Tue,
> Jan 27, 2004 at 06:53:20PM +0000,
> > Christopher Hunter wrote:

> > > Prefer Melbourne myself - lived there for a while
> > in the 90s.
> >
> > Any reason in particular?  Besides that the weather
> > (and people) are more
> > like good old Blighty?  If that's the reason, then
> > you'd *love* Tasmania!
> > :-)
>
> I preferred Melbourne too. It does feel more European
> and seemed (to me anyway) to have more going on in the
> way of culture. That said, Sydney is a young feeling
> city.
>
> If I had to move to Oz, ideally I'd live in Sydney
> until I'm about 30 - 35 and then move to Melbourne!!!
>
> (and darwin if I lost my mind!!!)

What about the New England area (say, Armidale) which is cold (snow every
second year) but young (Armidale's a university town, with IT being one of
the main foci, agriculture being the other), and best of all, much closer to
the sunshine coast than Sydney?

Ok, enough from me on this remarkably-OT thread... :-)

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk