[Gllug] Discussion: Is Enterprise Linux a lock-in

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Jan 22 15:15:04 UTC 2004

Bruce Richardson writes:

>"Fortunately" is subjective.  There are plenty of OSS developers who
>don't, which is why the Open Source Initiative was created.

Rubbish. OSI was created purely to rebrand Free Software to make it more
appealing to corporate types. Any differences in philosophy between the
two movements[1] came about later.

Tet

[1] Does this pettiness remind anyone else of Life Of Brian? "Are you the
    Judean People's Front?" "Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Judea!".
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk