[Gllug] LVM1 and LVM2

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Jan 5 16:35:07 UTC 2004

I'd like to try out 2.6 kernels on my home machine,
as its (a) high time I started to get to know them
and (b) I want to fool with the dvb stuff and get my
WinTV box working.

I run Fedora, using LVM1
(a quick look shows that, luckily, both /boot and /home
are on 'normal' ext3 partitions).

>From what I gather, 2.6 kernels should still be able to read LVM1
format (as I would like to be able to flip between 2.4 and 2.6)
Anyone tried this in practice?

Or would I be better building up a new box from scratch,
or using another drive for a fresh install?

If Alistair Kergon is still on the list, any chance
of a reprise of your LVM talk, now that lots of us must
be faced with this transition?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk