[Gllug] new guy with ADSL question

Jeremy Booth jeremy at computerbooth.com
Wed Jan 7 15:13:54 UTC 2004

Ahhh, another bblug survivor :)

I'm over/round in South norwood, I've ended up with nildram, although as
soon as I find somewhere I actaully want to rent for 12 months I'll get
cable put in, the max throughput is about the same, but responsivness is
dire, surfing is not up to blueyonder. I've not managed to get any figures
yet so I'm not sure where the problem lies, 'it just feels slower' :)

It's fast enough for system updates though, and it's still always on,
which is the most important thing to me (or was till i got security
consious and actually did my updates :P), 5 kernels in as many days would
have just about wiped the old modem out :)

Jeremy

--

Homepage: http://www.computerbooth.com/
Codepage: http://www.newdawnsoftware.com/