[Gllug] Apple

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 08:35:27 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 Jan 2004 6:09 am, Simon Faulkner wrote:

> Looks like I'll get a PowerMac G4 - aren't they expensive compared to
> beige box PCs?

Yes - very!  They are relatively under-powered compared to their "equivalent"
Intel-based boxes.

Also,  build quality of their range has fallen to the point that you're lucky
to get through the warranty period without a major hardware failure - clients
of mine had eight out of eight machines die within six months!

I've also got two dead powerbooks here that they WON'T repair under their
"guarantee", as ANY physical damage is construed as abuse.  I won't be buying
their hardware again.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk