[Gllug] Can I get this to work?

Steve Nelson sanelson at wibbleworld.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 17:28:25 UTC 2004

Adrian wrote:

> Now, all I want to do is connect to my box at home and run kmail over port
> forwarded X. I have an X server on the client side (cygwin). Can I solve
> this? Asking for changes in the firewall configuration isn't an option.

My experience of these kind of restrictive environments led me to connect via ssh to my home network using a java program such as:

http://sdf.lonestar.org/ssh

If you ran something sane like Mutt you could email, and perhaps if you ran it under screen you could have irc and other goodies served up for you.

Hope that's of some use.

> Adrian

Steve
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk