[Gllug] Re: Ogle DVD

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 17:36:06 UTC 2004

 --- Andrew Halliwell <ah at gnd.com> wrote: > And
verily, didst Richard Jones announce to the
> hordes:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:35:09PM +0000, Andrew
> Halliwell wrote:
<snip>

> It was a rental, so the surface of the disk was far
> from optimal.
> (had a few pits in it that were obviously causing
> the problems)

I've had this trouble too with movies from
blockbusters. It's a major pain in the ass. Seems that
all rental movies are used as coasters. It's
especially bad if the movie is a classic - i.e. it's
been there for a long time.

Is this definitely a player quality thing? I've heard
that more sensitive players can pick up on scratches
more?

ps can anyone recommend a good postal dvd service with
lots of "classics".

Thanks,

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk