[Gllug] Re: Ogle DVD

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Fri Jan 23 10:12:25 UTC 2004

And verily, didst =?iso-8859-1?q?ben=20f?= announce to the hordes:
> ps can anyone recommend a good postal dvd service with
> lots of "classics".

The whole reason I got the dvd drive 2 days ago was because freeserve had a
special "as you've been a customer for over a year" promo with
ilovefilm.com.

1 month free, 2 CDs out at a time, you build up a list of films you want, set
priority if you prefer some more than others, when you send one back (in the
pre-paid envelope), they send you another from your list. I've just seen the
first two I booked out, harry potter was the one with the major glitch in
the middle, and just saw star trek nemesis last night. (the linux players
appear to have a problem with special features too,

mplayer: video lags audio for a couple of minutes before audio drops
out completely.
ogle: no audio on special features at all, and
xine: couldn't even get at the specials)

Shame really, I wanted to see (and hear) the deleted scenes :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk