[Gllug] linux on libretto L5 and escrow.com

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Jan 16 08:53:17 UTC 2004

Rickey Costas writes:

>Not a huge amount, though I'd perfer smaller too.
>
>A Libretto 100CT is:  210 x 132 x 35 mm
>A Libretto L5 is:     268 x 167 x 20.5 mm

Yes, but that's just enough to make it no longer fit in a jacket pocket.

>> I've gone the other way, and am getting a Zaurus 860 instead :-)
>
>I was tempted. I recon hitting the 'keys' is going to be tough work though.

It shouldn't be too bad. I'll let you know when it arrives next week.
However, since I can get by with the keyboard on the Zaurus 5500, I
don't expect the significantly larger keyboard on the 860 to cause
problems.

>What I really want is something that'll bluetooth to the phone and has
>good enough keyboard so I can admin from the beach :-)

Zaurus with a CF bluetooth card. This is exactly why I want the Zaurus.
I considered getting an iPAQ, which has the advantage of built-in
bluetooth. But you're then stuck with the screen keyboard, which is
considerably slower than a physical keyboard (as proved by the Zaurus).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk