[Gllug] Perhaps Newham needs a decent Linux consultant?

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Wed Jan 14 16:09:01 UTC 2004

Bruce Richardson wrote:

>Is it so essential that your calendar be stored in your mail client?
>There are plenty of open source calendar/todo-list/workgroup solutions
>that can send e-mail notifications etc.

No, but it is essential (or extremely handy) that when I receive an
emailed meeting invite that includes a meeting time and agenda that I be
able to:

   1. Click on it and have the time and agenda added to my calendar.
   2. Have integration with the "will attend/might attend/can't attend"
      button that sometimes pops up.
   3. Forward a meeting date from my calendar to someone else so they
      can do these same operations.

Before you dismiss it, think of the time it takes to put a GLLUG meeting
with the time, location, and *this meeting's agenda* into your online
calendar.  Now imagine you're in a meeting oriented company...

Alan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk