[Gllug] Half-Bridge Configuration on Conexant ADSL router/modem

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 12:51:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Doug Winter muttered drunkenly:
> On Sat 24 Jan Nix wrote:
>> I had to hack the dhclient scripts a bit to get it to configure routes
>> using ip(8), but I managed it. :)
>>
>> Scripts to set all this crap up are available.
>
> I think I'll stick to the full bridge, it was much easier ;)

Nah, the reason for the complexity wasn't the half-bridging: it was that
I had set my router's IP address to 192.168.14.160, but 192.168.14.*
was on the other subnet.

Rather than change it to be on a different subnet, as an excuse to learn
some more of Linux's nifty advanced routing stuff, I decided to use a
static route with a different preferred source address to get the
packets out of the right interface and through the firewall without
masquerading. :)

But that's a silly way to do it. :)

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk