[Gllug] Sybase woes

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Jan 26 15:10:42 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, will wrote:

> CT-LIBRARY error:
>         ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory
> control layer error: Requested server name not found.

I know nothing about Sybase but I do know that Oracle has its own name
service system, seperate from DNS and other methods of resolution for
a name.  Perhaps Sybase has a similar thing?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Imagine a very committed funeral home director, whose
proudest achievement in adulthood was to be elected
president of the Queenbeyan and District Funeral Home
Directors' Association--then halve his personality and
halve it again, and you have pretty well got John Howard.

- Bill Bryson from "Down Under"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk