[Gllug] Recommend an ADSL modem?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Jan 22 11:19:51 UTC 2004

On Thu 22 Jan Bruce Richardson wrote:
> Try having them all connect to the same server at the same time.  PPTP
> servers assign one control channel to each IP address that makes a
> connection.  This control channel is used to distinguish between
> different sessions launched by the same client and cannot cope with
> multiple NAT-ed clients.

That figures - I'd never even considered trying that :) None of our
staff have more than one computer at home that they want to VPN onto our
network.  In that situation you really want to VPN between the networks
using IPSec I guess.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"Roast Fish and Corn Bread"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk