[Gllug] Recommend an ADSL modem?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 21 14:26:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 02:18:32PM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
> >Can anyone recommend a good replacement DSL modem.  It must have the
> >following attributes:
>
> My advice for this has always been to get the cheapest, simplest passthrough
> router you can buy,

Can you make any recommendations on that?  My experience has been that
cheap routers don't do good passthrough, that of the routers being sold
to the Soho markets the only ones doing good passthrough are the more
expensive ones capable of either offering VPN capability (for example)
or passing it through.

Where are the soho equivalents of the Cisco 1600 series, for example?

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?