[Gllug] Re: Home watching of my DVDs fxxx!ed :-)

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Jan 14 15:30:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:04:57PM +0000, Michael Jenson wrote:
> hello
>
> Can anybody suggest a distibution that will let me watch my DVD's.

I'm using RHEL 3 (basically just Fedora Core 1) with Totem and am
very pleased with the results. Totem is basically a GNOME ui for
Xine. With the addition of libdvdcss and libdvdread it does DVD
playback faultless, including navigation menus and subtitles. The
w32codec RPM will let you play back practically any AVI/MOV file
around.

Get Totem & supporting RPMs from:

  http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/

Win 32 codecs from

  ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/PLD/current/dists/ra/PLD/i386/PLD/RPMS/w32codec-0.90pre7-3.i386.rpm

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|