[Gllug] OT: Online Payment Processing

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Jan 19 15:50:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Doug Winter wrote:

> As part of changing our platforms, we've got to rewrite our payment
> handling.  We previously (for reasons that never became entirely clear
> to me) used Worldpay who have the most difficult and convoluted payment
> process ever.

That's so convoluted about WorldPay's system?

I'm using Worldpay's Select Junior and it is trivially easy.

Similar methods are available from a number of other providers including
Protx, DataCase (who are often recommended), Verisign, and others.

Then if you prefer to handle the payment processing as a back end process
rather than sending the user to the processors site for handling you can
use any processor you like however Datacash are again often recommended.

I have to say I am using WorldPay and I'm happy enough with them.

> So I'm looking to change provider.  I want some way of processing credit
> card payments that is as simple as possible.  I don't want to run any of
> their code, I just want a nice simple interface.  Ideally I'd like to
> have multiple billing lines with different text appearing on punter's
> bills too, as we host multiple different services.

Isn't that just a matter of printing an "invoice" to a webpage with a link
to pay it?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk