[Gllug] OT: Online Payment Processing

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Jan 19 15:55:56 UTC 2004

On Mon 19 Jan Jason Clifford wrote:
> That's so convoluted about WorldPay's system?
>
> I'm using Worldpay's Select Junior and it is trivially easy.

We're using "Select Pro" and it's a complete mess.  I'll look at Select
Junior though, that might be more up our street.

> Then if you prefer to handle the payment processing as a back end process
> rather than sending the user to the processors site for handling you can
> use any processor you like however Datacash are again often recommended.

OK that sounds good.

> > So I'm looking to change provider.  I want some way of processing credit
> > card payments that is as simple as possible.  I don't want to run any of
> > their code, I just want a nice simple interface.  Ideally I'd like to
> > have multiple billing lines with different text appearing on punter's
> > bills too, as we host multiple different services.
>
> Isn't that just a matter of printing an "invoice" to a webpage with a link
> to pay it?

No, I mean the text that actually appears on the credit card statement
they get sent each month by their card company.  If it differs enough
from what they think they bought, they'll charge it back.  We get quite
a few chargebacks because people are confused about what they bought
from whom.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"The purpose of all war is robbery."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk