[Gllug] Can I get this to work?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sat Jan 17 14:50:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:33:26PM +0000, Richard wrote:
> So you didn't really get an ssh connection there, in any meaningful
> form.

I don't think, reading his original message, that he was actually
confused on this point.

> Probably your best bet then is to try using a "TCP over HTTP" product,
> although this is (a) going to be slow and (b) requires you to install
> a CGI script on your home machine.  A quick Google search turns up
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/rutil_tcpcgi/ .  Let us know how it
> goes!

That will only be useful if he knows the details of the proxy server and
can connect to it with anything other than the browser.  If I were the
network admin there and wanted to prevent that, I might have the browser
installed on one machine and have users run it remotely, with only the
machine that the browser is installed on allowed to connect to the
proxy.  A little thought would doubtless give more clever ways to block
this.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill