[Gllug] Fax/Print server

Simon Perry Simon.Perry at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 23 11:54:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a client who is finally upgrading from their Win95 windows
messaging mail and fax server!

<pause> let the sniggering die down </pause>

The functionality they are are after is to be able to send faxes from
their desktop clients (win98/XP) and for received faxes to be forwarded
to the clients from the server. Plus the ability to scan in hard copy
documents. The old machine also shared a Hp LaserJet printer so that
would need to be taken care of as well.

I intend to use a Linux based open source solution so my question is has
anyone had any experience with a similar setup or know of a
project/package that already does this. My initial thoughts are to use
Hylafax, a mail server package and samba.

All advice and suggestions welcomed. TIA.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk