[Gllug] Anyone using Linux 2.6.0 on production system?

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Fri Jan 9 10:54:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 10:47, Jason Clifford wrote:
> Does that mean you are only running 2.0.x kernels?

Personally, no, but I know one guy who uses nothing else on "production"
servers.

> The exploit was across all 2.2+ kernels as you state above so this isn't
> overly convincing as a reason to avoid one branch.

It's a reason to avoid bleeding edge kernels on production systems.  New
problems will always be found until you get to the kind of testing
record that 2.0 has.  It's risk management and I considered using later
edition 2.4 kernels to be an acceptable risk.

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/