[Gllug] Flexbackup not working with cron

Sharon Kimble sharon63 at lineone.net
Sun Jul 18 12:11:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 11:28, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 11:02:49AM +0100, Sharon wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick reply :)
> >
> > The mail shows this ;-
> > /usr/bin/flexbackup -wday 7 -home
> >
> > perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >         LANGUAGE = (unset),
> >         LC_ALL = (unset),
> >         LANG = "en_UK"
> >     are supported and installed on your system.
> > perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>
> None of those errors are actually important.  This is the crucual line:
>
> > Unknown option: home
>
> Should that be /home, perhaps?  Anyway, there is an error in the options
> and parameters that you are passing to flexbackup, so it stops
> immediately.

This is part of the config file........
$set{'home'} = "/home";
$set{'local'} = "/usr/local";
So the set called 'home' seems to be pointing to the right directory or
folder.

> > But I don't know how to use the 'setting locale'. AFAIK its all set to
> > English UK, keyboard language and everything.
>
> It should be en_GB, not en_UK.

Changed under the kde desktop.

I'll now have to wit until it tries to run tonight and then read the
logwatch output to see if its still got problems, but I'm not hopeful :(

Sharon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk