[Gllug] Flexbackup not working with cron

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Jul 18 12:52:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 01:11:49PM +0100, Sharon wrote:
> This is part of the config file........
> $set{'home'} = "/home";
> $set{'local'} = "/usr/local";
> So the set called 'home' seems to be pointing to the right directory or
> folder.

You have misread the documentation.  It should be

	flexbackup -set home

not

	flexbackup -home

When diagnosing problems with a cron job, it's good practice to start by
running the task directly from the command line.  This helps you
identify any problems with the task itself, as opposed to any that might
be caused by misconfiguration of cron.  It's even better practice to do
this with a task as a trial run, before setting it up as a cron job.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.