[Gllug] wifi pub recommendations?

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Jul 20 14:51:26 UTC 2004

Yes but this pub had a serious problem when it came to customer service.
I remember a lonix meeting where they booked us 5 places since they
thought I was joking when I said 80. And worse still they didn't bother/care
to make room.

Tushar

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:15:50PM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:54:32PM +0100, SteveC wrote:
> > Came across a neat pub in cambridge, the kingston arms on kingston
> > street, CB1 2NU.
> >
> > It has free wifi, two free terminals (running that other O/S) and lots of
> > interesting drinks (all real ale stuff). Worth a visit.
> >
> > Anyone have recommendations for similar in zone 1? Been googling and
> > there seem to be lots with BT Openzone, but they can sod off for 6 quid
> > an hour.
>
> The Lowlander (Drury Lane) has (or at least had a bit of time ago) an open
> access point. Signal may well be dodgy in the upstairs part, though, so try to
> stay downstairs.
>
> Dan
> --
> The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to
> chance.
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8896 2600     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk