[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

mimo mimo at restoel.net
Thu Jul 15 12:58:35 UTC 2004

Huw Lynes wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:35:51 +0100
>Tethys <tet at createservices.com> wrote:
>

>>Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how hard it is to buy a
>>non-wireless ADSL router these days?
>>

>Yes.
>
>Also in my experience pretty much any ADSL kit that you buy on the high street
>will be almost entirely non-functional. This is certainly the case for ADSL
>router/firewalls, it may be different where plain old ADSL modems are
>concerned.

Mine was functional, really cheap one I got for free but I never managed
to get the usb port working under linux. It's kind of shame that I have
to buy a hub just for sharing a conenction for two people when the modem
has two ports and works fine otherwise. SO I'm thinking about getting a
modem/router with at least 2 ethernet ports -- any reommendations here?
Is there anything that comes with a harddisc and you can run mlnet on it?

Michael

--
Please note that this account is being filtered using anti UCE systems. If you send email to this account make sure that it could not be mistaken as UCE.