[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 11:22:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:05:12PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    My local distributor in North Acton has both the Netlink DG834 and DG834G
> in stock, that is both with and without the wireless card. It seems that the

I would be cautious of buying a Netgear DG834G as I have gone through 5
different firmwares before finding a stable one that didn't cause the router to
crash between every 4 and 24 hours (and need a power cycle to get it running
again) It appears that many people have had these problems but the latest beta
firmware that can be found after hunting around a bit on the web does seem to
have fixed these problems I also note that there is a newer firmware available
to what I am running (version 1.05 vs. 1.04.04) but after the previous horrors
I don't know if I want to install it.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem