[Gllug] Saving RealPlayer files/cache?

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sun Jul 25 10:57:15 UTC 2004

On Sunday 25 Jul 2004 11:26 am, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I'm using RealPlayer 10 on a Fedora Core 2 box to listen to BBC Radio
> 7, but for some of my favourite programs I'd really like to save them
> for future enjoyment. Does anyone know of any program that can save
> the *. ram files please? I've googled but not come up with anything
> that seems suitable to do it with.

I use trplayer ( http://www.linux-speakup.org/trplayer.html ) to do
this, with vsound to capture the audio. The best aspect is that I can
run it as a cron or at job. A drawback however is that vsound stores a
raw temp file which can get quite large.

There is also realrekord from www.kde-apps.org but I hven't managed to
get it to compile on my system, YMMV.

HTH

Dylan