[Gllug] OT: Recover deleted from USB Pen drive

John Edwards John.Edwards at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 18:26:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:09:08PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Which reminds me, actually.  Can anyone recommend a good binary
> editor?  I've been using hexl-mode in emacs, but I think it's actually
> more pain than it's worth.
>
> Rich.

I've used "hexcurse" on Debian. It's a simple curses based editor
which looks similar hexl-mode with the hex & ascii on screen at
the same time but does not do emacs' buffering or temp files. It
has "find" and "goto" for hex locations, but not much else.

I've not used it directly on a file system though, only a dd image
of one.

The homepage is at:
    http://www.jewfish.net/software.php

--