[Gllug] Shopping advice sought

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 14:37:22 UTC 2004

On Tue 20 Jul, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> My soon-to-be-ex-colleagues are going to by me a toolkit as a going away
> present.  You know, leather case with screwdrivers, soldering iron etc.
> Can anybody recommend the best place in Central London to get one?

Buck and Ryan Ltd, 101 Tottenham Court Road, near Googe Street, have been in
business for a very long time and have a reputation for quality.

Possibly part of the same group is Buck and Hickman Ltd, various branches
around the country.

Another good toolshop I found is I. Grizard Ltd, 84A Lillie Road, SW6, near
North End Road, (Fulham - Earls Court area). They only have a triple-fronted
shop, but keep a huge range of tools out of sight in their basement, OK if
you have some idea about what you want.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk