[Gllug] One step forward - 2 steps back

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Jul 20 14:34:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:07, John Winters wrote:
> OK.  Removed the lvm1 tools and installed the lvm2 ones.  However, I
> still don't seem to be able to access the logical volumes:

Hmmm.  I seem to have solved that one.  Although the lvm2 package had
installed a /etc/init.d/lvm script it hadn't done any symbolic links for
it in /etc/rc2.d so it wasn't being run.

One final question.  Anyone any idea what the significance of:

Setting up LVM Volume Groups...
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "data" using metadata type lvm1
  /dev/data/vmware not symbolic link - not removing
  /dev/data/cdwork not symbolic link - not removing
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "data" now active

the two "not removing" messages is?

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk