[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jul 15 15:24:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:55:42PM +0100, Chris wrote:
>    My Asus AAM60000EV has all the instructions for full bridging, but I have
> only one IP address so am unable to try it.

I had one of those.  The firmware is dodgy and has some unresolved
issues which never will be resolved now that it is no longer officially
supported.  It's also another one that simply doesn't pass all IP
traffic through unscathed.  There are also some simple stupidities in
the firmware: you can't forward both TCP and UDP traffic for the same
port: one or the other but not both.

I would advise you to replace it.

--
Bruce

Hierophant: someone who remembers, when you are on the way down,
everything you did to them on the way up.