[Gllug] how far do ppl go to live without M$?

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Fri Jul 30 14:04:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:57:09 +0100
"Will Napier" <will at willnapier.com> wrote:
> How
> many reading this would do without a non-essential product/service (like
> being able to download digital photos from your phone)? Or are most of the
> people on here sufficiently technical to find a solution?

The flip-side to this is the things you can do with linux that you can't do
with windows. I couldn't find a way of backing up my old Nokia 3410 on
windows, but under linux using gnokii it was a relatively trivial task.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk