[Gllug] zaurus problem

Holger Duerer hduerer at gmx.net
Tue Jul 27 15:12:41 UTC 2004

   [...]

    Ian> format cf card as fat16, (mkfs.vfat -F 16 /dev/hde1)
    Ian> copy the zImage and initrd.bin to the cf card
    Ian> unmount it
    Ian> put it into the zaurus,
    Ian> press c + d and reset while plugged into AC,
    Ian> nothing at all happens, not even a blink of an LED.

Hmmm... sounds good to me.  I have only ever used one CF card (some
generic card from dabs or inmac or something) and it has always
worked.  Are you sure you press the c and d keys properly?  It is a
bit fiddly...

I assume, the mache *does* reset at least?  You don't mention that...

Also: I know that you are no dummy, but just to be sure:  Can you
confirm that the files are in the root dir of the card and are called
'zImage' and 'initrd.bin' -- no other extension or other
capitalisation?

  [...]

  Holger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk