[Gllug] Linux and Freeserve

Alex Mc Kever alex at mckever1.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 18:39:13 UTC 2004

I have Freeserve broadband with the Alcatel speedtouch modem.. It worked ok
on Windows ok but I couldn't get it to work with Mandrake 9.2 (Dual boot). I
ordered a Netgear DG834 for about £74 inc delivery from Dabs.com on Saturday.
It arrived this morning. and is now up and running in both Windows and
Linux. It was easy to install and seems to do all I want. I haven't tried
any ftp uploads yet.
Just thought someone might be interested to know what works. And felt Dabs.com deserved as pat on the back for quick delivery.Regards Alex